|Posted by alexaryoung.ausl on March 16, 2013 at 10:55 AM|
Here are the directions to help students complete their research on their own.
RESEARCH: Using the Internet Websites
- Once you've reached this site, visit the RESOURCES page.
- Then, scroll down to your specific STRAND of science (For example: Astonomy, Life Science, Physics, etc.)
- Visit the listed websites and type in your project's keywords. This will sometimes pull up articles that will answer your research questions and sometimes not. Use other keywords or visit other websites to help your research.
- Record notes that will answer your research questions.
RESEARCH: Using the Databases.
Unfortuatelly, you cannot access these from a browser away from school. I will work on providing the access code for this reseource to be available to you.
RESEARCH: Using Nonfiction Texts (If you're at the public library, use the REFERENCE section!)
- Locate the index of the book (it's in the back! :))
- Find keyword. (Remember: it's alphabetical, know your ABCs!)
- Visit the listed page number.
- Identify what RESEARCH QUESTION you're trying to answer for that keyword.
- If it answers your question, take NOTES! If not, move on to the next one.
**You can leave comments or questions! I can answer and help!